Quote Terms & Conditions
The below terms and conditions apply each and every time, Fremantle Freight & Storage Pty Ltd or related party, provides a written quote to pickup, move, store, unpack and/or deliver a container or provide any other service for or on your behalf.
All quotes are provided on a best estimate basis and FFS Group reserve the right to make amendments to the quote if costs or our standard charges have been missed or excluded from the original quote.
1. Logistics and storage subject to Fremantle Freight & Storage Pty Ltd/ FMC West Pty Ltd (collectively referred to as the “FFS Group”) Standard Terms & Conditions.
2. FFS Group, and each individual legal entity, is “Not A Common Carrier”, Wharf slots are subject to availability and no AQIS charges will be accepted. Disputed deliveries notice to be lodged in writing to Supplier representative.
3. Rates quoted are in AUD$ for Monday to Friday general operating hours 06:00 to 17:00 hours (Transport) and 07:00 to 15:00 hours (Warehouse). All rates exclude any surcharges and do not apply to public holidays.
a) Subject to relevant fuel levy. No fuel levy applicable to detention / demurrage rates. Fuel levy may be adjusted on a MONTHLY basis and will apply for the duration of the month.
b) Quoted without visual inspection of cargo, carrier reserves the right to amend quote when final inspection of cargo is carried out.
c) Do not include deliveries to residential addresses, for either LCL or sea containers, FFS Group reserves the right to refuse delivery.
d) 1-hour time limit applies for collection at wharf, unloading at place of deliver per trailer; beyond 1-hour time limit, detention will apply.
e) Rates are subject to trailer and equipment availability at time of request.
f) Rates are based on ‘free on truck’ movement – all loading / unloading facilities to be provided at both pickup and delivery points.
g) A standby rate will be applicable to hold road trains at terminal should vessel discharge and R&D be stopped.
h) Perth metro area considered 50km radius from FFS Group warehouse or Fremantle Wharf to client’s premises.
i) No allowance included for the cost of Police, Escort vehicles and permits for Extra Mass/Oversize Loads.
j) Included in pricing is the provision of dunnage and gluts as necessary for the movement of goods. These items/timbers etc. remain the property of FFS Group. Should they not be able to be collected, or lost on site, FFS Group reserves the right to pass on the cost of these items to client.
k) No allowance for cranes or forklifts required to load at wharf or at collection/delivery points (FFS Group can organize as required; pricing can be provided on a need to use basis).
4.The following are the responsibility of client:
a) Lifting and storage insurance costs;
b) Provision for Custom Brokers and fees associated with imports/exports;
c) Wharf storage and costs.
5. No responsibility taken by FFS Group for cargo or containers collected or delivered to FFS Group depot by third party carriers.
6. Three days free storage applies to cargo that is held on site and that is for collection by Third Party Carriers, delivery for export or any other circumstance. Storage and handling fees are applicable after 3 days and must be paid in full prior to collection or dispatch of cargo.
7. Conditions apply to storage, unpacking and transport of Dangerous Goods and are available where required on request.
8. FFS Group will not be responsible for determining temperature settings of refrigerated containers received for storage.
9. In relation to Refrigerated Containers, also known as Reefers, and unless formally agreed in writing, when returning to an FFS site, all containers:
a) shall be stored without monitoring outside normal warehouse operating hours,
b) shall incur all necessary costs to ensure that the refrigeration is maintained during the period of storage.
10. In extraordinary circumstances rates may be subject to change without notice due to unforeseen service costs increases by external service providers.
11. FFS Group will not accept detention on containers delivered to rural destinations.
12. Adverse weather & road conditions clause applies should vehicles be stranded on their way to or from site on unsealed roads.
13. The following surcharges may apply to your job and may or may not be included in your quote:
a) Heavy Surcharge applies for container >26.5T.
b) Public Holiday Surcharge for any job completed on a gazetted public holiday.
14. The client will be liable for wharf storage containers, where containers are not removed from the terminal within the period allowed by the terminal operator. This will be regardless of the availability of time slots, or any other reason whatsoever.
15. NOTICE CONDITIONS
a) No guarantees are given of time slots being available when requested.
b) Documentation to be provided to FFS:
- (DO’s) 48 hrs (2 working days) prior to first available day and excluding weekend and public holidays;
- Pre alert of vessel and container numbers 72 hrs (3 working days) prior to first available day and excluding weekend and public holidays;
- Dehire: 72 hours (3 working days) after the date advised, and excluding weekend and public holidays.